Tue, Jul 20|
Using a Growth Mindset to support children's learning
What does it mean to have a growth mindset? We have an incredible responsibility as early childhood educators to support children's confidence, curiosity and resilience and to develop their capacity to think with a Growth Mindset and become life-long learners.
Time & Location
Jul 20, 2021, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30
The Highway, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
Recommended for: This session would be great for anyone working in the Early Childhood Sector or Outside School Hours sector.
In this session we will cover:
- Growth Vs Fixed Mindset – we will explore the concepts offered by Carol Dweck’s work.
- The optimistic child – Dr Martin Seligman’s research about what makes children optimistic.
- Child Development – we will consider how important knowing about child development is to the work we do and the ability to notice what children are learning.
- The importance of the language we choose – when working with children, the language we use is integral to their learning journey.
- Asking questions to support children’s play and learning – being intentional with our teaching is important, to say the least, and one way to support learning is to practice the art of question-asking.
- The role of the educator in play – supporting play can be confusing, do we step in, do we play with children or do we observe from afar? We will talk about what play is and how we can be effective with our responsiveness to children.
- Fostering curiosity as lifelong learners – Learn a bit more about Finnish education HEI Schools approach. We will discuss this and how to use loose-parts in the learning space to create curiosity.
- Children are confident and capable – do we really see children as capable learners or do we sometimes overstep and rush them beyond their capabilities? Let’s discuss!
This session is brilliant for new educators who are learning the ropes and want to build their confidence to understand the sector or seasoned educators who would like some inspiration and to go deeper with their reflections & practices.
- Ticket type
GST includedTax: GST included
+A$3.93 service fee+A$3.93 service fee
- Ticket type
Request an Invoice
Please choose this option if you would like to be invoiced for event tickets instead of paying online.PriceA$0.00