Tue, Jun 01|
Supporting children's behaviour, engagement & development
Children's behaviour is always communicating something with us, and if we listen carefully, develop secure attachments and respond effectively, we can surprise even ourselves with the growth that we see.
Time & Location
Jun 01, 2021, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
The Highway, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
I am often asked to offer training about supporting children’s behaviour, so here it is! This session aligns with my philosophy that children’s behaviour is always communicating something with us and if we listen carefully, develop secure attachments and respond effectively we can surprise even ourselves with the growth that we see.
We will unpack current challenges educators are experiencing and build a list of strategies to support them to achieve great outcomes for all.
Recommended for: This session would be great for anyone working in the Early Childhood Sector or Outside School Hour's sector.
In this session we will explore:
- Sisu - a Finnish word that means to develop resilience, perseverance and persistence even when it seems unachievable.
- The importance of routines, environments and clear communication – if we aren’t intentional with our learning area, we aren’t setting the children up for success.
- Engaging children in play – How to play with children and genuinely support their engagement levels.
- Child development – why it is important to have knowledge of child development and planning to support development and engagement.
- Relationships with children and Attachment Theory – we will talk about how to develop or repair a relationship with a child and the responsibility we have when working with children.
- Mindset – our mindset, the children’s mindset and the families mindsets all contribute to how the child responds to their environment.
- Ticket type
GST includedTax: GST included
- Ticket type
Request an Invoice
Please choose this option if you would like to be invoiced for event tickets instead of paying online.PriceA$0.00