Mon, Sep 13|
Room Leadership - a team within a team (September)
This session sets the scene for the leadership of a room. We cover the nuts and bolts of the role and people leadership.
Time & Location
Sep 13, 2021, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30
The Highway, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
Room leaders are sometimes given the role because they are great educators and organised, but the role requires so much more than that to be successful. Room leaders typically haven’t had formal leadership training and are ‘winging it’ each day. Just like any other leadership role, there is an important skillset and leadership approach that results in the success of their team.
Team leaders who are confident, intentional leaders and have a strategic approach will influence the whole team and become a support to the Director. They will motivate their team, be clear about their values and hold people accountable for the important work they do every day.
· Think of their team as a ‘team within a team’ - They will think about how they can establish a positive team culture and lead a focused and motivated team that always put children first.
· Know their role – There is a lot to be done as a team leader to ensure the standards, regulations and laws are met, along with the people leadership and relationships with families and children. Let’s help them keep on track!
· Set goals with their team – developing a routine for setting goals will help them to maintain the focus and establish opportunities to provide feedback and celebrate success.
· Give and receive feedback effectively – being a leader who seeks feedback and also provides it without shying away is a leader who will grow, learn and improve. We will talk about how to provide effective feedback without seeing these as ‘difficult conversations’.
· Critically reflect as a leader – we will explore the importance of reflecting as a leader and asking ourselves ‘what do other people experience of me as a leader?’
Be a visible leader – Sometimes when room leaders are appointed, they spend a lot of time ‘busy’ collecting things from the office or racing around organising things. We will talk about the importance of their role within the learning environment and how to delegate, coach and mentor their team.
- Ticket type
Event ticket - Pay onlinePriceA$157.00
GST includedTax: GST included
+A$3.93 service fee+A$3.93 service fee
- Ticket type
Tickets $157 - Receive Invoice
Please choose this option if you would like to be invoiced for event tickets instead of paying online.PriceA$0.00