Tue, Nov 29|
Meaning Makers: Understanding Children's Behaviours and Showing Up For Them. (1)
Children's behaviour is always communicating something with us, and if we listen carefully, develop secure attachments and respond effectively, we can show up for them in the most meaningful & impactful way. Making meaning of children's behaviour changes every aspect of their experience.
Time & Location
Nov 29, 2022, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+10:30
Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
I am often asked to offer training about supporting children’s behaviour, so here it is!
This session aligns with my philosophy that children’s behaviour is always communicating something with us and if we listen carefully, develop secure attachments and respond effectively we can surprise even ourselves with the growth that we see.
We will unpack current challenges educators are experiencing and build a list of strategies to support them to achieve great outcomes for all.
We talk about how we can be Meaning Makers - analysing children's learning, being generous with our assumptions and noticing the moments we can make a difference.
Recommended for: This session would be great for anyone working in the Early Childhood Sector or Outside School Hour's sector.
In this session we will explore:
- Sisu - a Finnish word that means to develop resilience, perseverance and persistence even when it seems unachievable.
- The importance of routines, environments and clear communication – if we aren’t intentional with our learning area, we aren’t setting the children up for success.
- Engaging children in play – How to play with children and genuinely support their engagement levels.
- Child development – why it is important to have knowledge of child development and planning to support development and engagement.
- Relationships with children and Attachment Theory – we will talk about how to develop or repair a relationship with a child and the responsibility we have when working with children.
- Mindset – our mindset, the children’s mindset and the families mindsets all contribute to how the child responds to their environment.
We will unpack many concepts and I will share some real examples and templates with you.
Please also feel free to bring some examples of what you are currently doing, all your questions AND your willingness to learn and be open-minded.
Can't wait to see you and laugh with you! My sessions always have lots of fun and laughter.
Feel free to call or email for more information. 0422104756 or email@example.com
- Ticket type
Training Session Ticket
Morning Tea and Lunch will be provided along with refreshments including Tea and Coffee. In the event COVID impacts this session, you will receive a refund or you will be given the opportunity to keep your place for the session when it is rescheduled.PriceA$197.00
+A$4.93 service fee+A$4.93 service fee
- Ticket type