Wed, May 11|
Learning Documentation: How much and How? (1)
Documenting children’s learning in a meaningful way seems overwhelming at times and we often choose quantity over quality and create our own rules which add pressure. What we need is to understand the purpose and influences of your documentation also the National Quality Standard & Planning Cycle.
Time & Location
May 11, 2022, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30
Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
How do we capture the moments that are worthy of capturing? How do we stop/pause to notice these moments? Documenting children’s learning in a meaningful way seems overwhelming at times and we often choose quantity over quality and create our own rules which add pressure. What we need is to understand the purpose and influences of your documentation.
Recommended for: This session would be great for anyone working in the Early Childhood Sector or Outside School Hours sector.
In this session we will talk about:
- Learning stories – how to write them, why we should write them and how we can use them to their fullest potential.
- Children’s voices – what this means, and how we can capture their ideas in a meaningful way.
- Dispositions for learning and how these apply to our teaching and documenting of children’s learning.
- Inquiry and project documentation – mind mapping, creating questions to explore and going with the flow of teachable moments.
- Outcome-based planning - Designing learning opportunities with outcomes in mind.
- Planning and Programming cycle – ensuring your planning is rich, meaningful, aligned with the Learning Framework and meets the Standards. This is important!
- Noticing teachable moments – being aware of what to look for and how to respond to moments where learning can be enriched.
- NQS - What are the rules really telling us?
- Assessment and Documentation - how to prepare for your assessment and ensure you have enough.
We will unpack many concepts and I will share some real examples and templates with you.
Please also feel free to bring some examples of what you are currently doing, all your questions AND your willingness to learn and be open-minded.
Can't wait to see you and laugh with you! My sessions always have lots of fun and laughter.
Feel free to call or email for more information. 0422104756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket type
Training Session Ticket
Morning Tea and Lunch will be provided along with refreshments including Tea and Coffee. In the event COVID impacts this session, you will receive a refund or you will be given the opportunity to keep your place for the session when it is rescheduled.PriceA$197.00
+A$4.93 service fee+A$4.93 service fee