Tue, Sep 27|
Key Learning Areas: A Model for Designing a Rich, Purposeful and Engaging Learning Environment (1)
Learning environments are key! Being intentional about learning environments will support you to engage more effectively with children, support development and make documentation so much easier. This session revolves around the concept of Key Learning Areas.
Time & Location
Sep 27, 2022, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30
Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
Learning environments are key! Being intentional about learning environments will support you to engage more effectively with children, support development and make documentation so much easier.
This session revolves around the concept of Key Learning Areas and will offer teams an opportunity to think deeply about their environments and what they can do to enhance them.
This session will explore:
· Inspiring learning environments – we will look at and discuss lots of photos and videos of learning environments for inspiration.
· Key Learning Areas – we will discuss what Key Learning Areas are, how to plan and design them and what is taken into consideration when planning learning spaces.
· Language of learning – we will talk about ‘opportunities’, ‘possibilities’, ‘provocations’, ‘invitations’, ‘aesthetics’, ‘attention to detail’ and unpack what all these mean.
· Outdoor learning programs and design – we will look well beyond ‘going outside for a run’, we will talk about how to design a well-rounded outdoor curriculum and why this is important.
· Time, shared spaces and our curriculum – we will talk about how time and shared spaces contribute to missed opportunities for learning and will unpack ways to support learning all day.
Concepts for learning spaces – HEI Schools learning environments, process vs product, environments to support intrinsic motivations, intentional teaching, story tables and much more!
We will unpack many concepts and I will share some real examples and templates with you.
Please also feel free to bring some examples of what you are currently doing, all your questions AND your willingness to learn and be open-minded.
Can't wait to see you and laugh with you! My sessions always have lots of fun and laughter.
- Ticket type
Training Session Ticket
Morning Tea and Lunch will be provided along with refreshments including Tea and Coffee. In the event COVID impacts this session, you will receive a refund or you will be given the opportunity to keep your place for the session when it is rescheduled.PriceA$197.00
+A$4.93 service fee+A$4.93 service fee
- Ticket type