Wed, Aug 31|
Inside Out: Intentionality in the Outdoor Learning space - Outdoor Curriculum (1)
Outdoor learning programs and design – we will look well beyond ‘going outside for a run’, we will talk about how to design a well-rounded outdoor curriculum and why this is important. We will unpack the challenges of shared outdoor spaces and talk about Key Learning Areas.
Time & Location
Aug 31, 2022, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30
Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
Learning environments are key! Being intentional about learning environments will support you to engage more effectively with children, support development and make documentation so much easier.
This session supports the session about Key Learning Areas with a specific focus on the outdoor learning space. We explore a range of topics such as:
- PLANNING/CURRICULUM: We spend so much time in the outdoor space, yet often we spend little time planning for it.
- HEI SCHOOLS: learnings from the Finnish Education Model and Nature Play approaches.
- EDUCATORS IN THE OUTDOOR SPACE: We will talk about our purpose in the outdoor space as often when I'm visiting services, I see that educators seem a bit unsure what to do in this space.
- REDUCE ACCIDENTS: Accidents often happen in the outdoor learning space and this is an issue we need to resolve. By having more engaging learning environments and a plan, we can reduce the number of accidents.
- SHARED SPACES: Shared spaces often present a challenge for colleagues as there can be difficulties with different ages of children and the sense that some people do more than others. I will share some strategies to overcome this and we can network & workshop ideas.
- UNDER 2 YEARS: We will also explore how to engage children under 2 in the outdoor spaces.
- EXCURSIONS: During this session, we will also talk about excursions and how we can enhance children's engagement with nature through a range of practices and opportunities.
We will unpack many concepts and I will share some real examples and templates with you.
Please also feel free to bring some examples of what you are currently doing, all your questions AND your willingness to learn and be open-minded.
Can't wait to see you and laugh with you! My sessions always have lots of fun and laughter.
Feel free to call or email for more information. 0422104756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket type
Training Session Ticket
Morning Tea and Lunch will be provided along with refreshments including Tea and Coffee. In the event COVID impacts this session, you will receive a refund or you will be given the opportunity to keep your place for the session when it is rescheduled.PriceA$197.00
+A$4.93 service fee+A$4.93 service fee
- Ticket type