Fri, Aug 13|
Be a disruptor! Thinking differently about your QIP and critical reflection
Change the way you embed, create and use your Quality Improvement Plan
Time & Location
Aug 13, 2021, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30
Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
What if your Quality Improvement Plan was a team effort and you enjoyed documenting the progress you and your team make? We need to start looking past the Quality Improvement Plan as the document we ‘have to do’ to a document that supports us to be intentional about how we operate our services, provide education and care and engage in the community. The Quality Improvement Plan should be a showcase of our practices, plans and growth as a team & learning community.
How do we do this? Come along to this session and I’ll support you to disrupt your current approach to the QIP and embed it in the fabric of your service. Do away with writing the QIP at the last minute before assessment. I often talk with services who are disappointed that the Assessor didn’t provide feedback about their QIP. Once you love your QIP, you won’t even be seeking feedback because it will hold it's own value in your service.
In this session we will explore:
- A new way of documenting your QIP: I will show you examples of QIPs and introduce a template you can use if you choose.
- Self-assessment process – work out how you can embed the self-assessment process into your service operations and not have to do ‘extra’ to record your progress.
- Enjoy your QIP – use the QIP as your tool for planning quality and growth rather than a tool for assessment, once you do that, your assessment will run more smoothly.
- Critical reflection – we will talk about ways services are critically reflecting and you will feel more confident your team will not just write ‘we had a good day’ or ‘it was busy today', because they will have the tools and rituals to dive deeply in reflection.
- Project QIP – you will start to consider the QIP as your service’s learning project and learning story. Why not do what we know right?
- It’s alive! – we will talk about ways to keep your QIP alive and genuinely engage families and team members in the goals, progress notes and self-assessment.
- Ticket type
- Ticket type
Request an Invoice
Please choose this option if you would like to be invoiced for event tickets instead of paying online.PriceA$0.00