Wed, Sep 15|
Authentic documentation of children and their learning - planning and programming (1)
How do we capture the moments that are worthy of capturing? How do we stop/pause to notice that moment? How do we capture children's voices in an authentic way?
Time & Location
Sep 15, 2021, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30
The Highway, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, Australia
About the Event
Documenting children’s learning in a meaningful way seems overwhelming at times and we often choose quantity over quality and create our own rules which add pressure. What we need is to understand the purpose and influences of your documentation.
Recommended for: This session would be great for anyone working in the Early Childhood Sector or Outside School Hours sector.
In this session we will talk about:
- Learning stories – how to write them, why we should write them and how we can use them to their fullest potential.
- Children’s voices – what this means, and how we can capture their ideas in a meaningful way.
- Dispositions for learning and how these apply to our teaching and documenting of children’s learning.
- Inquiry and project documentation – mind mapping, creating questions to explore and going with the flow of teachable moments.
- Outcome-based planning - Designing learning opportunities with outcomes in mind.
- Planning and Programming cycle – ensuring your planning is rich, meaningful, aligned with the Learning Framework and meets the Standards. This is important!
- Noticing teachable moments – being aware of what to look for and how to respond to moments where learning can be enriched.
- Ticket type
Event ticket - Pay onlinePriceA$157.00
GST includedTax: GST included
+A$3.93 service fee+A$3.93 service fee
- Ticket type
Ticket $157 - Pay by Invoice
Please choose this option if you would like to be invoiced for event tickets instead of paying online.PriceA$0.00