EDUCATOR & LEADER TRAINING
TRAINING FOR YOUR WHOLE TEAM
I'LL COME TO YOU!
I deliver in-service training across Adelaide and interstate for whole teams on a range of subjects including: Educational Leadership, Critical Reflection, Planning & Self-Assessment as a Team, Inspiring environments, Dispositions for learning & Intentional Teaching. I can tailor a session to suit your service needs.
$600 for a 2-3 hour session (including evening sessions)
$1000 for a 5-6 hour session (including weekend sessions)
(Adelaide region. Travel costs apply for rural or interstate in-service sessions)
Arranging training in your service is a great way to ensure everyone is inspired and ready to make changes. Plus the price per-person works out a lot cheaper.
GROWTH LEADERSHIP SERIES
ONGOING GROWTH FOR LEADERS.
The Growth Leadership Series is a monthly session where we explore all things Early Childhood Education and Care. We discuss operating a service, being a leader, HR, Budgeting, Rostering, educational practices, NQF and much more.
The participants who attend are also part of a leadership 'GLS' book club.
Twice in 2021 we visited ECEC services on inspirational observation tours. The participants were able to showcase their services along with exploring other services I work closely with.
The sessions are held monthly at The Highway Hotel in Plympton.
Morning tea and lunch are provided.
The cost is $197 per person, per month.
“I started going to the growth leadership training two years ago, I first attended to set myself new goals and to stay fresh and proactive in my role. Our Centre has improved in so many ways. We bring back new ideas each training and embed them within our service it has been a game-changer. We all relate to Michelle’s teaching methods and get a lot out of all the training sessions. Michelle has so much knowledge and experience to share. There is always something new to learn."
Mandy Karriem - Director - Hallett Cove Community Children's Centre
“I was lucky enough to be invited by my Director, to join the ‘ Growth Leadership ‘ sessions in April 2020. I was made to feel welcome joining part way through an already established group. When I look back I feel the training has delivered what the title says ‘ Growth ‘. As Educational Leader not only has the information through these sessions impacted me to grow in confidence but also to move forward sharing and implementing these ideas with other educators. This has helped us to progress as a centre.
Michelle delivers these informative sessions with passion and makes you feel enthusiastic to take this information away and extend on it.
I feel very grateful to have been given this opportunity".
Shirley Thomas - Educational Leader - Hallett Cove Community Children's Centre
Ongoing Mock Assessment and coaching/mentoring
Do you want your services to reach their potential on an ongoing basis and be 'assessment ready' at all times? Reach out for a discussion and quote
Staff engagement & parent satisfaction assessments
Including mentoring for service leadership team to improve
Service Visit - Study Tours
Visit other services with a professional guide to inspire you on your journey. Reach out to discuss options for a study tour here in Adelaide, or in your local area.
Mentoring programs available for Educational Leaders, Directors or Owner/Operators
UPCOMING EVENTS & TRAINING
- Thu, Jun 02PlymptonJun 02, 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaIf you've been curious about the Growth Leadership Series and what we do... this is your chance to come along and try! Network with us, chat and have lunch, enjoy the sharing of information & above all the support.
- Wed, Jun 15The Highway HotelJun 15, 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM GMT+9:30The Highway Hotel, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaDoody and Associates WMS and Michelle Walsh Hourglass Consultancy are excited to announce our new work alliance to support the SA Early Childhood Sector. To celebrate, we are holding an Early Childhood Sector Q & A Forum: Wednesday 15th June 2022 at The Highway Hotel 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA
- Tue, Jun 21PlymptonJun 21, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaDo you remember the best leader you've ever had? Everyone remembers the best leader they've ever had - and the worst. I bet the worst leaders didn't realise. This session is about developing your leadership approach, being reflective and learning new ways to inspire your team for success.
- It's not about the sock: Developing an empathetic and trustworthy approach to leadership and engaging with familiesTue, Jul 05PlymptonJul 05, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaWe've all been there before when a parent is worried about the lost sock and they make a complaint, but we know it's not about the sock. It's a lack of trust/a lack of connection. It's time we talk about it! It is even harder when it is via email. What do we do?
- Mon, Jul 25PlymptonJul 25, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaHave you thought deeply about why you believe some things and advocate for some practices? This session will take you on a deep dive into your own world to unearth your pedagogy and learn why you do things the way you do them & what drives you as an educator/professional.
- Tue, Jul 26PlymptonJul 26, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaI stand by the statement ‘’the Director/Centre Manager is the most important role in an ECEC organisation’’. If you get that role and its support team right, your whole service succeeds, your teams are engaged, families are singing your services’ praises and children are safe, happy and learning.
- Aug 02, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PMPlympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaWhen working with educators and leaders in our sector, I'm often asked about critical reflection. It's time to make it easy! I will introduce the What, so what, what next method of Critical Reflection. Professional Dialogue doesn't just happen, it takes intention and requires boundaries.
- Wed, Aug 10PlymptonAug 10, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaYou asked for it!!! Participants in sessions last year asked for more info on The Play Cycle. This session will delve deeply into the value of play, how to ensure children are uninterrupted in play and how to design routines and practices to support the Play Cycle. Documentation will be a breeze!
- Tue, Aug 30PlymptonAug 30, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PMPlympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaDocumenting children’s learning in a meaningful way seems overwhelming at times and we often choose quantity over quality and create our own rules which add pressure. What we need is to understand the purpose and influences of your documentation also the National Quality Standard & Planning Cycle.
- Wed, Aug 31PlymptonAug 31, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaOutdoor learning programs and design – we will look well beyond ‘going outside for a run’, we will talk about how to design a well-rounded outdoor curriculum and why this is important. We will unpack the challenges of shared outdoor spaces and talk about Key Learning Areas.
- Thu, Sep 08PlymptonSep 08, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PMPlympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaConsulting with children & listening to their voices is very different from asking 'what would you like out of the cupboard?' This session will explore the concepts of consulting with children and listening with intent and analysing what children are saying. This will support critical reflection.
- Wed, Sep 14PlymptonSep 14, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaBeing the Educational Leader is a unique opportunity to drive quality & professional growth across the service. The role requires a strategic approach and vision along with the skillset of a great leader. This session will support & inspire the Educational Leader (or aspiring Educational Leader).
- Tue, Sep 27PlymptonSep 27, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+9:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaLearning environments are key! Being intentional about learning environments will support you to engage more effectively with children, support development and make documentation so much easier. This session revolves around the concept of Key Learning Areas.
- Tue, Oct 18PlymptonOct 18, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+10:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaIt’s the buzz word but what is it all about? If you haven’t started with project work or you’ve dipped your toe in the project water but have not really been sure how to follow through, or if you are deep into project work and want to be inspired and share your knowledge, this session is for you.
- Tue, Nov 08PlymptonNov 08, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PMPlympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaThis session is will support your confidence with the Assessment and Rating process. We will practice setting goals for success, explore my PowerQIPing approach and I will share my insights with you so you are well and truly prepared for Assessment.
- Mon, Nov 14PlymptonNov 14, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+10:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaThis session is about exploring how we can enhance our approach to documenting children's learning and displaying their projects and workings. Making their mark is about respect and meaning. Why do we document what we document and how can we do it with purpose?
- Nov 29, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+10:30Plympton, 290 Anzac Hwy, Plympton SA 5038, AustraliaChildren's behaviour is always communicating something with us, and if we listen carefully, develop secure attachments and respond effectively, we can show up for them in the most meaningful & impactful way. Making meaning of children's behaviour changes every aspect of their experience.